Our Process & Quality Control
The unique aspect of ARMET approach is the combination of high-tech manufacturing with decades of scientific research and development in the field of creating superior steels and alloys with distinctive properties.
Using high-quality mixtures and carefully crafted composition of the original modifiers, in compliance with industry standards of molding, metal melting, pouring and heat treatment consistently brings excellent results.
Modern quality control devices such as electronic spectrographs, metallographic microscopes, 3D scanners, pendulum impact testing machines, electronic hardness testers, and hydraulic tearing machines facilitate our ability to accurately monitor and control the quality of each batch of products of ARMET.
Technology & Alloys
The production method used by ARMET is based on the advanced technology of modifying (microalloying) steels and alloys using specially designed ultra and nano-dispersed powders derived from d-block metals. Long-term scientific research and numerous experiments have prompted a significant increase in the wear-resistance of our products.
By applying ARMET unique innovations, we achieve:
- Substantial refinement of grain and subgrain, guaranteed isotropy of the material throughout the casting volume
- Creation of a homogeneous modulated material structure, including crystallites cooriented within the subgrain
- Significant reduction of the negative effect of carbides in steels, minimizing harmful impurities and producing high material refinement in the grain boundary area
- Increased values for the fundamental metal parameters, such as impact strength, yielding, hardness, and tensile strength
- Significant increase in the wear-resistance of the products manufactured
Crushing & grinding alloys
Steels with increased abrasive wear-resistance, based on high-manganese austenitic steel (Hadfield steel), obtained by additional alloying, microalloying and modification, for producing parts highly efficient in abrasive and hydro abrasive media, that allow for substantial increases in the efficiency of parts in mining equipment, agricultural machinery, grinding and shot blasting equipment, as well as equipment which produces building materials. As an added benefit, ARMET’s wear-resistant steels do not lose their properties when operating under low temperature climatic conditions.